Why Does the Junior League of San Jose Have the Fashion Show?
• Since the first Fashion Show in 1982, the bi-annual event has raised over $3,000,000!
• The proceeds for the Fashion Show pay for all our amazing work in the community!!
– Building a better community through our trained volunteers
– Funding our community projects: MBP, DIAD & KITK
– Funding roughly $30,000 in community grants annually
What are the Fashion Show Hourly and Financial Requirements?
Provisionals and Active Members have HOURLY and FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS:
|Member Status||Hourly Requirements||Financial Requirements||Financial Only|
|Active Silver||4 hours||$210||$800|
|Active Gold||4 hours||$190||$780|
|Active Diamond*||4 hours||$190||n/a|
Financial requirements are due by Feb 27, 2016.
Work Hours were available on VolunteerMatters starting in February.
**If you still need to fulfill your financial requirement to turn in, please give it to the Volunteer Coordinators upon check-in for your Fashion Show shift at the Fairmont this week**
Do you have questions or need help regarding your Fashion Show Hourly and Financial Requirement?
Please contact our lovely Volunteer Coordinators Kate Cane (email@example.com) and Courtney Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How Do I Meet My Financial Requirements?
1. Make a Personal Donation
– Don’t forget to check if your or your significant other’s employer offers company matching funds!
2. Fundraise with Friends and Family
– Get creative with sites like GoFundMe
– Leverage your skills or business
3. Procure Corporate or Individual Sponsorships
– Cash sponsorships. Please turn into the Farrington House during office hours.
– Gift-in-kind donations, including silent or live auction items
• In-kind donations must be pre-approved by the FS16 Committee to count towards your requirements
• Please email Lisa at email@example.com with questions.
– Sell Donation Drawing tickets. Please turn into the Farrington House during office hours OR bring turn into the Volunteer Coordinators when you check in to your shift at the Fairmont San Jose.
How Do I Complete My Hourly Requirement?
1. Sign-up for shifts on VolunteerMatters (began in February)
2. Show up on time for your shift at the Fairmont San Jose: 170 South Market Street, San Jose
3. Have fun!
– Key Volunteer Date: Saturday, March 12, 2016
– Select the shift(s) that meet your work hour requirements Provisionals and Actives must work 6 hours
– Check in with the Volunteer Coordinators when you arrive.
– You will be assigned tasks when you arrive depending on need.
– Dress in head to toe black with an extra set of comfortable shoes. A statement necklace is a bonus!
– Turn your financial requirement into the Volunteer Coordinators upon shift check in if you missed the February 27th deadline. We don’t want anyone to get in trouble!
– Parking can be challenging in. Please give yourself some extra time to get to the Fairmont San Jose.
– Several shift times allow members to attend one of the events
– Some shifts enable you to see the event in action!
– This is a GREAT opportunity to meet and work with your fellow Leaguers!!
What Kind of Work Will I Be Doing For My Hourly Requirement?
– Preparing silent auction and donation drawing items
– Preparing reservations table
– Setting up dining tables (centerpieces, programs, favors, signage, etc.)
– Supporting models and model co-chairs
– Supporting hospitality
– Selling donation drawing tickets
– Staffing “Reservations” table and/or VIP area
– Collecting “Fund the League” envelopes and live auction information
– Helping dress and prepare models and other logistics backstage
– Helping close silent auctions (i.e. collect bid sheets, organize winner list, organize items prior to check-out)
– Collecting and distributing purchased centerpieces
– Acting as “cashier” for donation drawing ticket sales, centerpiece sales, and silent auction prizes
– Cleaning up post-event
What is the League Office Information?
Senior Manager of Administration & Accounting: Linda Bostwick
1615 Dry Creek Road
San Jose, CA 95125
League General Office Hours: