How we are living our mission during COVID-19
As we continue to shelter in place, we wanted to share some inspiration from our members who are making a difference in our community.
In times like these we are proud to see our mission come to life: promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community.
In our League, our Derby committee has dedicated countless hours to help transform our annual fundraiser from an in-person event to a virtual event you won’t want to miss on May 2. All of our mission-based activities, like the ones below, are made possible by our annual fundraisers and our endowment fund.
Our members have spearheaded community projects, have volunteered to support our community while being mindful of social distancing and shelter in place orders.
Here are ways our members are helping our community:
- Making connections between our sponsors to our community partners. 10th Street Distillery pivoted from making whiskey to making hand sanitizer and is now providing it to Bill Wilson Center, PATH and HomeFirst in addition to health care facilities and other community organizations. Vine Hospitality (Left Bank/Meso/LB Steak) is now donating pre-packaged meals to Bill Wilson Center.
- Prototyping, sewing and making masks for organizations in need
- Spearheading projects at work to feed front line workers and our unhoused community while hiring local restaurants and caterers
- Helping others learn how to use virtual tools to help them stay connected to others
- Contributing and donating individually to projects and nonprofits focused on immediate relief including Pivotal’s Emergency Assistance Fund, The Hub and Bill Wilson Center
- Setting up a Going on a Bear Hunt activity and a no contact neighborhood egg hunt
- Keeping classrooms in the know about services available and sharing daily simple learning activities that can do with their kids.
- Working with the Civic Improvement Commission of Campbell to deliver meals to Seniors.
- Promoting the idea of getting gift cards donated and given to families in need at our school, which raised almost $8,000
- Providing content and activity plans to Girl Scout troop and continuing to host online meetings
We remain inspired by the growing commitment of our members.