The VRL Judging Committee will make its selection based on the information provided in the Online Nomination Form. Please give careful consideration to your responses and focus on the volunteer’s unpaid service given in the past 12 months. A maximum of three (3) volunteers may be nominated from each agency. If submitting multiple nominations, please submit a separate form for each nominee. Nominating agencies must have a 501(c3) non-profit designation OR identify as a school and must be located within Santa Clara County. Members of the Junior League of San Jose and their immediate family are ineligible for nomination.
The 2018 VRL Nomination Form is ONLINE ONLY.
All nominees will receive a “Certificate of Appreciation.” Ten of the nominees will receive special recognition for their outstanding volunteer efforts and be recognized at the event with a professionally produced video, an elegant etched Tiffany & Co. Crystal Bowl, and NEW THIS YEAR – a $500 stipend for their nominating agency. In addition, one individual will be honored with the “Voluntarism at its Best” award and his or her nominating agency will receive an additional $1,000 stipend.
PLEASE VERIFY the correct spelling of the nominee’s name and agency before submitting the form. This spelling will appear on certificates awarded to the nominee.
DEADLINE: All online nomination form submissions must be received by Wednesday, November 1, 2017 – 5:00 p.m. PST.
SERVICE CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
Please identify one (1) service category for your nominee (not your agency) in the listing provided in the 2018 VRL Online Nomination Form. The Judging Committee is aware that there may be overlap in the categories. The nominee may be placed in an alternate category if the committee feels it better assures appropriate recognition.
- ADVOCACY – Legal assistance, support groups
- CHILDREN & YOUTH SUPPORT – School-based services, after school programming, PTA, bullying prevention, nutrition, other non-educational services
- COMMUNITY – Conservation, education, docents, cultural groups, museums
- EMERGENCY SERVICES – Crime prevention, public safety, protective services, disaster relief
- HEALTH SERVICES – Counseling, aid for disabled, hospital/clinic, end of life, chronic diseases (includes obesity, diabetes, cancer, etc.)
- LEADERSHIP – Individual contributors (committee chair, program development), board members
- SENIOR SUPPORT – Health and well-being, transportation, safety, food access
- YOUTH VOLUNTEERS – Volunteers who are 18 years of age and under
QUESTIONS: Please email VRL@JLSJ.ORG